STAY AWAY FROM YOUR OLD MUD AND VOMIT
AND THE PEOPLE WHO TAKE YOU BACK TOO IT!
2 PETER 2:12-22 6/2/2012
WWW.NORTHPOINTSB.COM PASTOR PAUL M. REINHARD
Welcome: Spend a few minutes having a snack, meeting new people, and connecting with those in your Life Group. Unplug from the week and prepare to engage!
Worship: Connect with God through songs, prayers, and creative arts. Invite the Holy Spirit to move and minister in your group! Be open to God’s leading and presence! Enjoy this time with God and one another.
Word: Matthew 13 has several stories with a message. We call these parables. Whenever Jesus told a parable, He had a point! You could say that Jesus told pointed parables. Today we will look at three of these. It is safe to say that if Jesus tells us multiple stories, with a consistent point, then the point is important. As you consider the points in the stories allow the Holy Spirit to fill you with His purpose!
1. Have you ever had to do some serious weeding? Tell us about it?
2. Matthew 13:24-30: What happens to the wheat and the weeds at the harvest?
3. Matthew 13:31-32: What will the Kingdom of God do if it is allowed to grow?
4. Mathew 13:33-35: What is the Kingdom of God like? What will it do in your life? Can you think of areas of your life that are currently off limits to the Kingdom? What are they?
5. Matthew 13:36-43: It is interesting that the disciples heard the story, but did not understand the message. They left their large group Celebration, and met in their Life Group. In that setting the asked Jesus to teach them. He did! Let’s look at each part of this story.
A. Who is the farmer? ________________________________________________
B. What is the field? ________________________________________________
C. Who are the good seed? __________________________________________
D. Who are the weeds? ________________________________________________
E. Who planted the weeds? __________________________________________
F. What is the harvest? ________________________________________________
G. Who are the harvesters? __________________________________________
H. What happens to the weeds? __________________________________________
I. What will Jesus have the angels remove from the Kingdom? ____________
J. What will there be in the fiery furnace? ______________________________
H. What will it look like for the righteous? ______________________________
6. Are you a weed, or a wheat? __________________________________________
Witness: How does today’s topic apply to your OIKOS?